Re: Debian on a Super Lean Laptop Part I - Making it Work

Scarletdown wrote:
> initrd /boot/initrd.img-2.6.32-3-486
>   [Linux-initrd @ 0x10b3000, 0x76cdf9 bytes]
>
> After that, she's locked up tight, and all I can do is power off.
>
> This is obviously a problem with initrd.  Set too large for such a low memory
> system perhaps?

I doubt it, since your initrd is only 7 mb.

This seems more likely to be a problem with your bootloader. Quite
possibly grub is not configured to read the initrd from the correct disk
device. It can be hard to get that right when preparing an disk image on
another machine.

Or possibly, given the age of the hardware, the initrd is not located
near enough to the front of the drive for grub to be able to access it.
(Which is why having a separate /boot partition first used to be a good
idea.)

--
see shy jo