Re: Linux compatible mainboards -another thought

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 01:14:09PM -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
> Further to my original post, it was and is my intention to use replace
> the internal graphics card with Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS card, which I
> have already but have yet to install.  It will of course will use a
> different driver.  In that case, does it really matter whether I have a
> driver for the Intel integrated graphics chipset, since it will be
> disabled when the new card is installed?

I use a Gigabyte GV-N275UD-896I (nVidia GeForce GT 275) with a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 motherboard, using the propriatary nVidia driver (option 3). So far, performance has been sublime using Lenny, KDE and Compiz. I have no experience with the nv, nouveau or VESA drivers in combination with this card.