Re: How to remove oowriter delay on opening document?

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:55:17 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:
>
>>Life is hard :-)
>
> And I know what makes it harder! ;)
>
>>If OOo does not offer such feature anymore, you can get "preload¹" which
>>is... humm, a "preloader" daemon ;-)
>
> Thank You again. Do I need to wait for some period when it will gather
> its statistics?

Dunno, I've never used it :-?

There is a good explanation about the daemon features here:

***
Drastically Speed up your Linux System with Preload
http://techthrob.com/2009/03/02/drastically-speed-up-your-linux-system-with-preload/
***

It seems you can tweak some values but the defaults should be fine.

Also, as per the article, you can take a look into what is currently
monitoring by reading "/var/lib/preload/preload.state" file.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón