Re: How to remove oowriter delay on opening document?

Thank You for Your time and answer, Camaleón:

>As Ron already said, review your system specs.
>
>OOo needs a lot of ram the first time it opens, and keeps consuming a
>good quantity of your system resources as long as is loaded.

Wow! What a product!

>In OOo 2.4 there is a "quick launch" option that preloads OOo at startup,
>not sure if that is available on newer releases.

How I can use the 2.4 version in the future releases?! - Compile myself? Or there are some repos for Debian that make peoples life not as bad as MS' ?!

Or how I can make w/o C++ programming save the 2.4 version for ever? Please do not suppose I'm foolish - just want still comfortable working for years...

>Another thing you can try is launching OOo with an empty profile folder
>(just rename the current one) to start it from scratch and check if the
>delay still continues.

Sorry, I do not understand "empty profile folder"...