Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Salvo Tomaselli wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 April 2010 12:16:26 Vincent Lefevre wrote:
>

> In my opinion, the more safety checks there are, the more stupid the users
> become.
> Without safety they have to be awake and careful to what they are doing.

Objectively and theoretically, yes. But, theoretically, many things work
better than practically. That is the same scheme (but at another scale)
as countries where the State/Nation does not ensure security: in these
countries, you need to use self-defense to protect you, actually from
the whole system. And? Does it make you more stupid if you have safety
checks? I don't think so. Same here: if you need to do something which
is potentially risky (because the document you send to other persons
might be hacked by them), but necessary (the document needs to be send,
because it was asked by a superior authority), you need to defend
yourself from others.

==
I think that this discussion does not enter in the scope of Debian
Users' list anymore. We shall then stop here to avoid too much O-T
messages to be sent to the mailing list. Thanks everybody.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

If you want a thing done right, do it yourself.