Re: How to remove oowriter delay on opening document?

On 2010-04-19 16:30, Clive McBarton wrote:

Ron Johnson wrote:
There use to be a "preloader", but I don't see it anymore.
There was a feature where GNOME or KDE would pre-load OOo at DE
startup.  That way, it *appears* that OOo loads much faster, even though
it was really just shifted.

There's still the "preload" package. It preloads whatever is needed
most, hence presumably also OOo if that is what's run often.

Which is not the specific-to-OOo package I referred to.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?