Re: PDF is blocked for printing, etc. OK for acroread (it behaves as expected), but KPDF allows me to print it, even if it is protected! Why?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
> Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

> The real protection would be not to send that information.
I was not able to do it, because of `human' and organizational reasons.
I had no choice!
> Why would an
> honest soul ever allow information to be read, but not printed?

To maintain honesty? An honest soul (i.e. me, here) has to send some
data to some dishonest person.
> Even with acroread it is possible to print screenshots of the documents.
> Might be a pain to reconstruct a multipage document, but not impossible.

I know, and we all know this. But this needs some determination, because
it needs some time. And when such problems arise, one often thinks (or
should, at least, think) `Do I really need to copy this using that
painful way, to bypass some limitation which is actually imposed to me
by an honest person?' This is another aspect of security. There are the
technical means, and all the infringements which can be done. But,
sometimes, `le jeu n'en vaut pas la chandelle.'

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

A loaded wagon makes no noise.