Re: Epiphany browser continues to get worse and worse

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 15:25:11 -0400 (EDT), Alan Ianson wrote:

> I've noticed the same things. I've stuck with epiphany because it worked
> so well for so long but there are times recently when I need to use
> iceweasel. I think it's the switch from the gecko backend to webkit that
> broke a lot of things that used to work well.
>
> I keep hoping that these problems can be resolved but time will tell. I
> use unstable and downloading works fine but java apps that use the
> plugin still don't work.

That's not good news.  Which plugin?  The Sun non-free one?  There is one
site that I used to use a lot that requires that to work.  (It's a stock
analysis site.)  I haven't been in the market lately, but I expect to be
active again at some point.  And when I do want to use it, I want it to
work!

Why did they switch from gecko to webkit anyway?  It was working so well.
I still use it in Lenny.  But not in Squeeze.  Not anymore.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell
 : :'  :