Timezones for Kontact seriously broken in Lenny

Hello, all.  We have some clients eager to migrate from
Exchange/Outlook/Windows to Debian Lenny.  Zimbra is working well on the
back end but is lacking as an Outlook replacement - great web interface
but still lacking some essential features.  Evolution does not support
Address Books from Zimbra so that leaves us with Kontact.  Kontact is
great except it seems seriously broken in several regards specifically
Korganizer.  The KDE response is to upgrade to KDE4.  Since we are on
Lenny, we are on KDE 3.5 and we'd like to keep it that way until KDE4
matures a bit more.  How are Lenny users handling the crippling bugs? I
did not see anything in backports.  Here's what we are seeing:

Timezones: Any appointments synchronized with Korganizer from Zimbra are
interpreted as UTC.  Thus, all appointments are offset by our offset
from UTC.  This is the bug which is rendering it unusable and is
apparently well known.  I can't believe this is broken in a production
system.

Malformed URIs: Calendar requests via IMAP are requesting
myserver.mycompany.com:993Calender instead of
myserver.mycompany.com:993/Calender.  We can work around this by using
webdav instead.

This is crippling us on a potentially huge Lenny deployment.  Any know
fixes? Thanks - John