Re: xen

IAN DELANEY wrote:
Hello there,  Ny name is Ian, from Perth Australia.

I have a question to be answered please. I'm a linux user, so I use suse, debian, ubuntu and gentoo, and fedora. I'm interested in exploring the capabilities of xen and have done so an all the above. I'm in a brand new instance of squeeze and have just perused the packages in synaptic for the first time. I have recently used karmic lenny including a xen live cd which uses lenny as a dom host. This has lead to submitting bug reports because the collection of packages that are used to support virt-manager and xen are extensive and quite problem ridden. I am now to try the latest packages provided by squeeze.

I can't help but notice  THERE IS NO XEN KERNEL.

So, why is it so? This is like karmic revisited. No xen kernel. I experimented extensively in karmic only to submit bug reports that were ignored because Ubuntu does not support xen as a host, dom0. What is the policy then? Why has Ubuntu retracted supporting xen dom0? Is it the same for debian? Why are all xen packages provided but no kernel? I have a xen kernel in any case, but it is an important ommision. Ubuntu and debian have provided and supported xen kernels for previous versions. Has it been unofficially left to SUSE to invest support in xen as a virtualisation form?

Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK <http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/157639755/direct/01/>

Xen on Testing/Squeeze and on Unstable/Sid:
http://wiki.debian.org/Xen

Sam