Re: /etc/bash_completion ?

On 04/17/2010 03:57 PM, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On 2010-04-17, Aioanei Rares<debian.dev.list@gmail.com>  wrote:
Howdy,

Following this link (
http://www.debian-administration.org/article/An_introduction_to_bash_completion_part_1
) and if I type at the terminal '. /etc/bash_completion' everything
works top-notch. However, if I put the above command in the global
.profile or in my user's profile, after typing my user/pass in gdm, I
get errors. If I put '. /etc/bash_completion' in ~/.profile, I get the
'your session lasted less than 10 seconds' and the reason is 'cannot
open /etc/bash_completion' . If I put the command in /etc/profile, I get
some errors about mismatched parantheses. Am I doing something wrong?
It's annoying to type '. /etc/bash_profile' everytime. Thanks in advance.

Yours,

I have the following stanza in my ~/.bashrc file:

	if [ -f /etc/bash_completion ]; then
	    . /etc/bash_completion
	fi

It is already in the default .bashrc file (see /etc/skel/.bashrc); you
just need to uncomment it.

Thanks, Liam.