/etc/bash_completion ?

Howdy,

Following this link ( http://www.debian-administration.org/article/An_introduction_to_bash_completion_part_1 ) and if I type at the terminal '. /etc/bash_completion' everything works top-notch. However, if I put the above command in the global .profile or in my user's profile, after typing my user/pass in gdm, I get errors. If I put '. /etc/bash_completion' in ~/.profile, I get the 'your session lasted less than 10 seconds' and the reason is 'cannot open /etc/bash_completion' . If I put the command in /etc/profile, I get some errors about mismatched parantheses. Am I doing something wrong? It's annoying to type '. /etc/bash_profile' everytime. Thanks in advance.

Yours,