Re: STAT of Process

Stan,
Thank you for your reply.
It is my own daemon( I wrote it by myself) and do not know why it changes the STAT.

I found out that STAT field is
D   for  Uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)
R  for   Running or runnable (on run queue)
S   for  Interruptible sleep (waiting for an event to complete)

but what does Uninterruptible sleep means? And what is it caused by?
Can anyone explain that problem?
(When STAT is D for the  daemon , the daemon does not seem to run )

Thanks
L.