Re: GNOME crashes when .xsession file is present.

El Thursday 15 April 2010 09:11:21 Freeman va escriure:

> An empty .xsession file will crash Gnome too. (I remember that debacle.) I
> can't offer a technical explanation.  Maybe it can be viewed as similar to
> initiating two desktops environments simultaneously.

.xsession is the X session script that's executed, so the X session terminates
when this script also terminates.
The last command in the script must not quit inmediatly, instead he must
handle the X session (should be a window manager, a desktop or another nice
program).

--

Marc Olivé
Grup Blau