Re: Dual channel memory question

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:47:52 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 2010-04-15 15:38, Camaleón wrote: [snip]
>>
>> I always try to fill the RAM slots of the board at their maximum
>> capacity (at least 2 GiB.) so upgrading memory will be worth for it.
>>

> That's a bit garbled...  Did you forget a word somewhere?

Quite possible X-)

Sorry, English is not my native language.

What I wanted to say is that I prefer choosing ram modules that match the
maximum capacity of every slot, so if a board allows me to put a total of
8 GiB of RAM I would prefer to buy 1 module of 2 GiB than 2 modules of 1
GiB because I can add more RAM later and still keeping the "old" 2 GiB
one.

I find putting as much RAM as you can afford from the beginning is always
the better approach.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón