Re: Does Linux respect gratuitous arp replies?

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:33:03 +0200
Axel Freyn <axel-freyn@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Celejar,
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 05:20:31PM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > Does Linux respect gratuitous arp replies?  This page claims that it
> > does:
> >
> > Linux kernels will respect gratuitous ARP frames.
> >
> > http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-arp.html
>
> It depends on your configuration:
>
> If you do:
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_accept
>
> it will accept them.
>
> With
>
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_accept
>
> they are ignored.

Thanks much for this information.  I see that it's currently set
(default?  I don't recall ever touching this setting) to 0, so that may
have been the problem.  I don't have access to the other system
currently, but I'll certainly check whether changing this works, when I
get a chance.

Thanks again,

Celejar