Re: acroread not seeing printers

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:50:53 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 13:05 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

>> Mmmm, that article says something about "env" variables:
>>
>> ***
>> Environment Variables
>>
>> Make sure that LID_LIBRARY_PATH points to the location for libcups and
>> also CUPS lp and lpr are in PATH.
>>
>> When you invoke the print dialog using Control+P, all the printers
>> configured show up in the Printer Name dropdown. ***
>>
>> I'm not sure how to check this in Debian, maybe someone else can give
>> you a hint on this :-)

> <snip>
> Thanks.  I tried setting LID_LIBRARY_PATH and I know the binaries are in
> the path but it didn't help :(

Ouch...

I'm note sure how to bypass this.

I "hate" Acrobat Reader for many reasons (as much as I even do not have
it installed on my linux systems because is a hog program and tends to
hang the system) but I recognize that sometimes is needed to fill signed
PDF forms and also has nice printing features -well, when the application
is able to detect all the printers, of course ;-).

Anyway, a simple option you can try is by manually adding a custom
printer in Acrobat Reader and check if that works...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón