Re: Connecting to vpn server

Anthony Campbell schreef:
> On 14 Apr 2010, Jordan Metzmeier wrote:

>>> Thanks for the prompt reply. I just need to be able to connect to the
>>> server at pc-streaming, to get TV when abroad. It is pptp. Would
>>> pptp-linux and network-manager-pptp be the way to go?
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>
>> Yes. However, you don't want the network-manager-pptp if you do not
>> already use network-manager. pptp-linux has everything you need.
>>

> OK, I got pptp-linux and I find that it provides pptpsetup, which looks
> pretty easy to use. Should that be enough to access the server? (I'm
> stil at the inquiry stage before paying for the service.)
If you want a gui, try kvpnc. Contrary to what its name suggests, it
handles much more than just Cisco's vpn.

Sjoerd

PS. It can be a bit fiddly to get the settings of the pptp server right.
You'd better try to get the accepted compression, encryption and
handshake methods beforehand.
PS2. Anthony, my apologies for the double mail. I've hit the wrong reply
button.