Re: Connecting to vpn server

On 04/14/2010 12:59 PM, Anthony Campbell wrote:
I have to find out how to connect to a vpn server. I know nothing about
this and have little time to find out, because I need to get it working
by Saturday!

Can anyone kindly tell me what package(s) to install and point me to a
(preferably simple) how-to?

Anthony

There are many different type of VPNs... Is the server already running? Do you know what it is using (openvpn or PPTP for example)?

If it is your job to setup both the client and server, openvpn could be a good place to start. Their documentation is quite good. If you need to connect to an existing VPN server, you need to know the type of VPN before you can choose client software.