Re: Omit 32-bit Packages From Install

Carlos Mennens schreef:
I was wondering if by default when I installed Debian Squeeze using
the "debian-testing-amd64-businesscard.iso" from Debian's site, does
it default to installing both 32-bit and 64-bit libraries / packages?
The reason I ask is because we're doing testing here in the Army where
I work and I need to make sure I installed a base Debian OS with ONLY
64-bit packages. Anyone know the answer to this? I could not locate
anything on the forums and or their Wiki page.
Everything in the 64 bit section is 64 bit, except the ia32 compability libraries. If you make sure you haven't installed those (which should be the case on a base system that doesn't need those), then you have a fully 64 bit system.

Sjoerd