Re: Re: Updating JRE in Lenny

> > After reloading Iceweasel, about:plugins still showed the previous JRE I
> > was using, /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/bin/java.
> >
> > Assuming that I can use a later version of JRE downloaded from Sun on
> > Iceweasel 3.5, am I on the right track but did not get the newer version
> > set up correctly, or is there a different way?
>
> The browser plugin uses a different alternative, namely
> libjavaplugin_oji.so. You will find the target of the alternative in the
> directory /usr/lib/jvm/1.6.0_19/plugin/i386/ns7/

The update-java-alternatives command should sort this out.
This will show you the available alternatives:
     /usr/sbin/update-java-alternatives --list

Then as root run something like
    update-java-alternatives -s java-6-sun

Note there's a load of java-related items which that command sets. To
see the list, run
    /usr/sbin/update-java-alternatives --verbose --list