Re: Configuring exim4 to send emails

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Ruben Varela wrote:

I'm configuring an email to send emails. Emails sent to any domain,
apart from my own, are sent okay. I have my emails with Google Apps.

Assuming my domain is, example.com. If I send an email from my server
to ruben@example.com it doesn't arrive at my Google Apps account, it
arrives to my server and I can read it using $ mail.

I configured exim the following way:
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
    General type of mail configuration:   internet site; mail is sent
and received directly using SMTP
    System mail name:   domain.tld
    IP-addresses to listen on for incoming S TP connections:
127.0.0.1:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
    Other destinations for which mail is accepted:   <blank>
    Domains to relay mail for:    <blank>
    Machines to relay mail for:   <blank>
    Keep number of DNS-queries minimal (Dial-on-Demand)?:   <No>
    Delivery method for local mail:   mbox format in /var/mail/
    Split configuration into small files?:   <No>
$ sudo update-exim4.conf
$ sudo /etc/init.d/exim4 restart

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is my external IP address and example.com is my
real domain.
update-exim4.conf
Does anyone know how to correctly configure this?

Try pkg-exim4-users@lists.alioth.debian.org. That's for Debian users with exim4. Also after I run dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config it automatically stops and restarts.

BTW if you solve this contact me or post your solution as I'm having the same problem.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279