Configuring exim4 to send emails

I'm configuring an email to send emails. Emails sent to any domain,
apart from my own, are sent okay. I have my emails with Google Apps.

Assuming my domain is, example.com. If I send an email from my server
to ruben@example.com it doesn't arrive at my Google Apps account, it
arrives to my server and I can read it using $ mail.

I configured exim the following way:
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config
     General type of mail configuration:   internet site; mail is sent
and received directly using SMTP
     System mail name:   domain.tld
     IP-addresses to listen on for incoming S TP connections:
127.0.0.1:xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
     Other destinations for which mail is accepted:   <blank>
     Domains to relay mail for:    <blank>
     Machines to relay mail for:   <blank>
     Keep number of DNS-queries minimal (Dial-on-Demand)?:   <No>
     Delivery method for local mail:   mbox format in /var/mail/
     Split configuration into small files?:   <No>
 $ sudo update-exim4.conf
 $ sudo /etc/init.d/exim4 restart

Where xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is my external IP address and example.com is my
real domain.

Does anyone know how to correctly configure this?

-- Rubén O. Varela Rosa
   rovr138@gmail.com