Re: Debian in Debian via Virtual box

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:08:08 +0100, James Allsopp wrote:

> How have people managed to get debian in virtual box to display with a
> resolution higher than 800x600.

By installing "Guest Additions".

> I've tried reinstalling with a higher
> video memory setting  and installing the guest additions. Was finding it
> difficult to find out if the additions actually installed correctly, so
> if anyone can help me with that I'd be grateful.

After I installed "guest additions" the screen was properly detected and
auto-setup.

OTOH, "guest additions" are loaded as another standard service, so you
can check if it is currently running or you can also review the logs for
any problem it can arise.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón