Re: Boot / LVM best practices

> I'm thinking to replace this IDE drive with two SATA HDs. One as small as
> I can get. Say 100GB or so and make that the boot drive. And a second HD say
> 500GB or so and moving the LVM over to that.

That begs the question: why exactly do you want 2 drives, and why do you
want one of the two to be small.
Maybe your case makes sense, but in general buying a small drive is
a waste of money (you can get larger ones for about the same price and
they not only give you free extra space, they're also faster).

        Stefan