Re: udev & /dev/sdaX & lenny2squeeze

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

So, I guess you are better to switch now to UUID, it should solve your problem, and give you a head on future changes.
Thierry

As I said in one of my previous posts, udev will not create
/dev/sdaX, nor their counterpart using names or uuid. So I
can't do that.

My previous post was premature, if I restore /dev/sdaX using tar,
I can only use the console. X can't make use of the keyboard or mouse.
/edv/eth0 also doesn't exist, althought the interface is up, etc.
It looks like all /dev/ is screwed up!

So I will install from scratch.

Ionel