Re: Ubuntu vs Debian forums (was recompiling the kernel with a different version name)

On 11/04/10 07:56 +0100, Lisi wrote:

Recently I was trying to show my 15 year old granddaughter, who runs Open SuSU 11 on her laptop, how to do some small admin job. She said that she didn't want to know. When I queried this, she said:

"When I am at school, the IT department does it for me. When I am at home here, you do it for me. When I am in Japan, Daddy does it for me. Why do I need to know how to do it?"

I really think this would be the right approach
for many, even windows and macos users. If your
car needs maintenance most people ask a mechanic
or at least somebody who knows what (s)he is
doing.

have a nice day
Rolf

--
... Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' ...