Console font turned cyan

Hello folks,

I don't know when it happened but it must have been during some
"aptitude upgrade" run lately: My console font turned from white to
cyan. At first I thought that the red VGA signal had a bad contact,
but X came up in full color. Console apps can control the color to a
certain extent, but the default color is a really gross cyan which
produces weird color effects on an LCD with the thni Terminus fonts.
In other words, I can't live with it. Where is this controlled, and
how can it be switched back to white again?

Regards,
robert