squeeze guest OS won't boot in virtualbox

Hello everyone

I currently have two PCs with virtualbox 3.1.6, one has a P8400 cpu (mobile version of the Core 2 Duo series I think), the other one an Athlon X2 4200+ (socket 939).

The first one can boot a squeeze guest OS without troubles (with the current kernel). With the other one I always get a "soft lockup, cpu stuck..." error message. It's been that way since the "trunk" kernels.
I've tried fresh installs (cd install and net install), I've tried to export the working VM from the first PC to the second, ... I always get the bug. I should also mention the I can create 64 bits or 32 bits VMs on the first PC but only 32 bits VMs on the second (both PCs are running a 64 bits host OS).

It's already been reported I think, I wanted to know if anyone has found a workaround.

PS: I think the 4200+ cpu hasn't got any king of virtualization technology, could it be a lead?