Re: Making make-kpkg quieter

On 08.04.2010 12:12, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
> Mart Frauenlob <mart.frauenlob@chello.at> writes:
>
>> On 08.04.2010 01:59, Cameron Hutchison wrote:
>>> Is there any way to make make-kpkg (kernel-package 12.033) quieter? When
>>> I run a "make-kpkg clean" it spits out lots of lines about unlinking
>>> files in debian/... On a slow link, this is very annoying (if I forget
>>> to run screen)
>>>

>> ok, there's no parameter available, but how about:
>> make-kpkg clean 1>/dev/null
>
>> Does one really need an option for that?
>
> The problem is when I build a new kernel, make-kpkg starts with a clean,
> followed by the build. I definately want to see the output of the build.

You were only talking about running 'make-kpkg clean'.

Does v.12.033 always run a 'clean' first? Mine with lenny v.11.015 does
not. If not, I suggest: make-kpkg clean &>/dev/null && make-kpkg
--your-build-options
You want to see the output of the build, but the clean process is too
much? The build output will be multiple times greater anyways. This is
not a problem over the slow link?

> It just seemed like needless verbosity (debug output really) that I
> figured there might be a way to turn it off.

Yep, we figure - thus try to work-around ...

Best regards

Mart