OT:Script idea/problem

Hi,
Here is my idea:
First, in my village, I 'convert' quiet a few people (about 15 boxes) to use
Debian. They  are rather happy about it, but I have a problem with update/
upgrade: they never know when they should do one. Most of them don't read
English, so subscribing them to debian security mailing list would not help.
And most of the time they would not know if the package(s) listed is/are in
their box. But kmail (and certainly other mail client) can run some script
according to the sender address. So, if we had a script that can read the
subject of mail coming from debian security, -- they always have the same
layout : [SECURITY] [DSA 2029-1] New <packagename> packages fix....--then
compare the package incriminated with the packages installed in their box, and
keep the mail if the package is present, otherwise trash it. I think they will
be able to see it is a mail from security and that they have to update their
machine.
So, if someone could help me to put that script together it will be a big
help. I have done a bit of programming so time ago in Turbo Pascal and in asme
(old time....).
Thierry