Re: Epson Stylus SX110 under Debian Lenny?

On 2010-04-06 11:30, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
[snip]

Today I went back to that shop and found many other printers - about ten - none
of whose is listed there.  So, that list seems to be quite old.  On the other
hand, I seriously need a new printer but would like to be sure it'll work under
Debian.  What do you Debian users suggest?

(What's your budget and what country do you live in?)

openprinting.org has a by-manufacturer listing grouping all the "Perfectly" working printers together, then the "Mostly" then the "Partially" and "Paperweight".

For example:
http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Epson/
http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Fujitsu/
http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/HP
http://www.openprinting.org/printers/manufacturer/Dell

Even though it's marked as "Mostly", I really like my Dell 3100cn color laser printer. It's *big*, and was $350 about 5 years ago but being laser printer is toner-based, and powder doesn't dry out.

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower