Re: Retrieve hardware and modules info..

On 2010-04-03 19:37, Lubos Rendek wrote:
HI guys,

Suppose that I have a some laptop in my hands and I would like to find
out what hardware this laptop has and what is supported by Debian out
of the box by which modules.  Is there any tool which will be able to
retrieve all important hardware information. I know that this can be
achieved by series of commands like lsmod, lspci, lsusb or cat
/proc/*files* and etc.  I'm just wondering if there is a simpler way
which I do not know about to get this job done.

thank you

Use "hwinfo" to get most of what you want.

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower