Re: not answering to ping, yet other computer can ping me.

>> Adding lo to /etc/network/interfaces fixed the problem.
> I'd wonder why there wasn't a lo in the first place...

I broke it trying to force the computer to take a specific IP address.
One of those issues that I decided to learn by doing, rather than
bugging the list about. Only when I got seriously stuck did I waste
the list bandwidth, and even then only with a very specific question.

Dotan Cohen