Re: No updates seen in a while

On 2010-03-31 08:51, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 09:32:29 -0400
"S.D.A." <marathon.durandal@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello S.D.A.,

update' for my SID laptop this morning. Says over 900 packages need to
be updated! Now I know it's been a few days since we received updates,
and I update every day prior to the downtime; Surely that can't be
right, can it?

Depends on all sorts of things (like what you've got installed) but yes,
at first sight, that seems like a lot.

SDA must have a lot more packages installed than I (who haven't upgraded in about a week) do:

$ apt-show-versions -u | wc
    249    1494   15535

(Yes, I run Sid.)

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower