Re: No updates seen in a while

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:22:16AM +0100, Brad Rogers uttered:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:53:19 +0300
> Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Andrei,
>
> > security-master)[1] and testing/unstable users should be subscribed to
> > debian-devel-announce. It's low-traffic enough to not be a burden to
> > follow.
>
> I tend to agree, but as per my reply to John (Hasler), not everyone will
> see it that way.

Precisely, far too many lists on Debian and they could use some
consolidation. My view is if an issue affects users of Debian; then it
should be posted to the 'user' lists.<shrug>

Speaking of this issue (FTP master being down); I did an 'aptitude
update' for my SID laptop this morning. Says over 900 packages need to
be updated! Now I know it's been a few days since we received updates,
and I update every day prior to the downtime; Surely that can't be
right, can it?