Re: squeeze - dvd drive not seen

Thierry Chatelet wrote:
On Tuesday 30 March 2010 14:59:31 Aioanei Rares wrote:
Thierry Chatelet wrote:
Hi,
I did a fraich install of squeeze. All OK "except"  two things:
The dvd drive is not seen. Fstab seems OK:
/dev/hdb    /media/cdrom0    udf,iso9660   user,noauto    0    0
Inserting a cd in it then dmesg does not show anything. K3b says there
isn' t a optical drive, kinfocenter does not show it either. Note that it
was OK with lenny. I need tips to go further.
The second thing is the sound under iceweasel, but, one thing at a
time... Thierry
Insert a cd/dvd media known to work in the drive and mount it manually,
see if that works.

Well, then I get a:
'special device /dev/hdb does not exist'
Looking at lshw, my CD/DVD drive does not show up.
Thierry

What does uname -a and lshw -v say?