Conclusion: Looking for good dark background GTK themes

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 01:58:23 +0200, jomat@gmx.li wrote:

> Are you also interested in KDE/fluxbox themes?

Actually I'm into simplicity. My current GTK theme zip up to only less
than 3k. It is based on "Clearlooks Compact" by Martin Ankerl
martin.ankerl@gmail.com.
http://art.gnome.org/download/themes/gtk2/1377/GTK2-
ClearlooksCompact.tar.bz2

>From my old screenshot you can tell that, I like a generally dark theme,
with no high contract, just mild tones, yet everything shows vividly.

I've settled down with the following:

gtk_color_scheme =
"fg_color:#3e3e3e
bg_color:#888a85
base_color:#babdb6
text_color:gray21
selected_bg_color:#4f76a0
selected_fg_color:#fff
tooltip_bg_color:#F5F5B5
tooltip_fg_color:gray30"

If anyone want to use it, just replace the Martin's gtk_color_scheme
setting with above, then change the "selected_bg_color" to your taste.

HTH

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/