Re: Manage window: change positions, etc.

Olivier Cailloux:

> I posted this message one week ago but did not receive advices. Does
> anybody know an other place where I could ask the question?

You'd have to ask the metacity people. But I doubt they will be able to
help you (short of implementing what you need which I don't think they
will do).

> Or is it  incorrectly framed?

No, but I think your best bet is to switch your window manager which you
ruled out in your first post. And then I don't know of a window manager
that satisfies your point 1 (re-arranging of windows on taskbar). I only
remember some freeware for Windows that allowed that. I would still use
it at work if it didn't make explorer.exe crash. :)

But while I like the idea when running Windows, I absolutely have no
need to re-arrange taskbar entries when running Linux. I guess the
reason is that every window manager for Linux has virtual desktops (and
maybe that I have more open windows at work). :)

J.
--
As a child I pulled the legs from a spider.
[Agree]   [Disagree]