Re: HAL UID ?

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 15:02:47 -0600, Paul E Condon wrote:
> Per some recent discussion here of command line mounting of plugable
> storage, I am investigating pmount and pmount-hal. In the man page
> for pmount-hal there is this:
>
> The first parameter (device) must be the HAL UDI or the device node of
>
> I know that I can use pmount-hal with /dev/... but it might be useful
> to know how to use the HAL UDI.

You can use the hal-find-by-property command, like this:

  hal-find-by-property --key volume.uuid --string 'DEB0-0001'
  hal-find-by-property --key volume.label --string 'Debian Inst'

(These two examples are for a usb stick that has the Debian installer on
 a partition with the fslabel "Debian Inst" and the UUID "DEB0-0001")

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |