Re: Flash drive internal fragmentation.

On 2010-03-27 14:02, Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 00:15, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
On 2010-03-26 21:03, R. Clayton wrote:
Thanks for your replies to my message.  Putting a fat32 fs on the thumb
drive
did the trick; the block size is 4k, matching what's on the hard drive
file
systems.

fat32 is still not recommended.  Use vfat.

Aren't those two names for the same thing?

Hmmm. "man mkfs" leads me to mkfs.vfat which (along with mkfs.msdos) is an alias for mkdosfs.

So, I don't know exactly *how* you'd format a device as "fat32".

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid."  Dwight Eisenhower