Re: col command broken

Quoting Jude DaShiell on 2010-03-25 17:01:43:
> When I find out what package provides col, I'll do a report-bug on it

bryans@esterhazy:~$ dpkg -S `which col`
bsdmainutils: /usr/bin/col

It's provided by the package 'bsdmainutils'. dpkg can do way more than
installing and removing packages, as I just found out tonight.

> With the latest update of col that I got though, running that command
> no longer cleans up typescript files and just leaves them in their
> original form.

The 'col' I have [1] doesn't completely clean the script files either --
it removes the escape character, but leaves the printable characters
that form the rest of the escape sequence, which seems to me to be
working as intended. Could be misreading what little documentation
exists for it though.

--
 _  Brian Ryans 8B2A 54C4 E275 8CFD 8A7D 5D0B 0AD0 B014 C112 13D0     .
( ) ICQ UIN: 43190205 | Mail/MSN/Jabber: BrianLRyans@gmail.com       ..: