Re: Epson Stylus SX110 under Debian Lenny?

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:39:17 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Rodolfo Medina put forth on 3/25/2010 8:53 AM:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I a shop in my town it is sold at a good price the multifunction Epson
>> Stylus SX110 printer and I wish to buy it.  Does anybody have any
>> direct experience that it should work fine under Lenny?
>
> PDF here says Windows + MAC only, no Linux:
>
> http://www.epson-europe.com/depot/en_GB/downloadables/products/
SX110_EN_INT_230309_PP0741_lowres.pdf

Manufacturers always hide their Linux support ;-)

It should (I say "should" because I have not personally tested) work with
Avasys drivers:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL1.do

There are two PDF flyers about each printer support status for the most
common Linux distributions.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón