Re: Where is this deb.opera.com repository still coming from?

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Tech Geek <techgeek12345@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was under the impression that whenever you run apt-get update it reads the
> repositories listed in /etc/apt/sources.list file and fetches the contents
> of it but apparently something else is going on too...
>
> So somtime back I added the following line in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
> # Opera Browser Repository
> deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ stable non-free
>
> and then installed opera browser from it:
> apt-get update; apt-get install opera
>
> Now after sometime I removed the opera repository line from sources.list
> (but the package is still installed) and then when I ran apt-get update, I
> still saw apt-get trying to read the opera repository like this:
<snip>
> Here is my sources.list file that I used to ran the above apt-get update
> command:
> #Stable
> deb     http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian stable main
> #deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian stable main
> #Testing
> #deb     http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian testing main
> #deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian testing main
> #Unstable
> #deb     http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian unstable main
> #deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian unstable main
> #For Security patches
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
> #Debian Backports
> #deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ lenny-backports main
>
> And here is the output of the package lists of the repositories:
> debian:~# ls /var/lib/apt/lists/
<snip>
> Not sure what is happening and from where apt-get is still seeing the opera
> repo line.
>
> I have always use apt-get.
>
> Thanks

Hey,

Look under /etc/apt/sources.list.d (I believe this is the location, if
not, somewhere inside the /apt folder), there will be a file in there
with the opera repo in it.

Some packages install these when you install them (one other one that
does it is google chrome), it is suppose to help keep you up-to date,
but it is also annoying.

Regards,

Angus.