Where is this deb.opera.com repository still coming from?

I was under the impression that whenever you run apt-get update it reads the repositories listed in /etc/apt/sources.list file and fetches the contents of it but apparently something else is going on too...

So somtime back I added the following line in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
# Opera Browser Repository
deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ stable non-free

and then installed opera browser from it:
apt-get update; apt-get install opera

Now after sometime I removed the opera repository line from sources.list (but the package is still installed) and then when I ran apt-get update, I still saw apt-get trying to read the opera repository like this:
debian:/var/lib/apt# apt-get update
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release.gpg
Ign http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://mirrors.kernel.org stable Release.gpg
Ign http://mirrors.kernel.org stable/main Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release
Hit http://mirrors.kernel.org stable Release
Ign http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://deb.opera.com stable Release.gpg
Ign http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free Translation-en_US
Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
Ign http://mirrors.kernel.org stable/main Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://mirrors.kernel.org stable/main Packages
Hit http://deb.opera.com stable Release
Ign http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free Packages/DiffIndex
Ign http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free Packages
Hit http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free Packages
Reading package lists... Done
debian:/var/lib/apt#

Here is my sources.list file that I used to ran the above apt-get update command:
#Stable
deb     http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian stable main
#deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian stable main
#Testing
#deb     http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian testing main
#deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian testing main
#Unstable
#deb     http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian unstable main
#deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian unstable main
#For Security patches
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
#Debian Backports
#deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ lenny-backports main

And here is the output of the package lists of the repositories:
debian:~# ls /var/lib/apt/lists/
deb.opera.com_opera_dists_stable_non-free_binary-i386_Packages
deb.opera.com_opera_dists_stable_Release
deb.opera.com_opera_dists_stable_Release.gpg
lock
mirrors.kernel.org_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
mirrors.kernel.org_debian_dists_stable_Release
mirrors.kernel.org_debian_dists_stable_Release.gpg
partial
security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_main_binary-i386_Packages
security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Release
security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Release.gpg
debian:~#
Not sure what is happening and from where apt-get is still seeing the opera repo line.

I have always use apt-get.

Thanks