Re: Intel Core i5 integrated graphics

On 2010-03-23, Frank Miles <fpm@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>  	Sound has worked without any particular intervention - straight
>  	ALSA.  I don't do anything complex with the sound system,
>  	though.

I tried the sound yesterday and it just worked. That was nice.

> As far as the video - while I'm presently using a custom-compiled
> kernel, I'm fairly sure I was getting the same rates with the stock
> 2.6.32 kernel available in 'testing'.

Actually I was referring to xorg driver. Do you use intel driver there?

> I got a private e-mail telling me how I could do much better with a
> separate card - and I'm sure that's true.

I have a Matrox G550 card in my old machine and video performance
has never been an issue. If the new integrated Intel graphics are
comparable, I'm quite satisfied.

Pasi