Re: Intel Core i5 integrated graphics

Frank Miles put forth on 3/23/2010 10:37 AM:

> To Stan:
>
>     I don't upgrade my computers very often.  The last time I did, network
> cards seemed pretty much all operable with Linux drivers - including
> RealTek.
> This has been a real disappointment to find that something has gone
> backwards
> as far as Linux compatibility.

I absolutely agree that it should all just work.  The reason for my playful
jab about the serial port is that I recommended the Intel board exactly
because of the Realtek chip on the GigaByte board, but then you bought the
GigaByte board anyway, against my recommendation.  At that time I don't
recall you mentioning needing a serial port.  Maybe I have you confused with
another OP here.  If so, my apologies.

--
Stan