[OT] Pronunciation of "metacity" (was Manage window: change positions, etc.)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 13:55:00 -0400 (EDT), Ron Johnson wrote:
> GNOME is a DE (Desktop Environment).  It's standard WM is Metacity
> (rhymes with mendacity and audacity).

Well, you learn something new every day, if you stay awake.
(That's what my grandfather always used to say.)
I always pronounced it "meta city" (similar to "fat city").
I thought it was an appropriate name, since when used by itself
(i.e. without GNOME) you use the "Meta" key (i.e. the Alt key)
for just about everything!  Oh well.

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :