Re: Wifi Can't Connect

I've installed KNetworkManager, but I don't understand how it works, and adding my wifi network in the WiFi tab seems to do nothing at all.

I would appreciate any help anyone can offer!

- Mark

I think that KNetworkManager (or some other package) have some problem.

For example my router have WPA2 encryption. With IBM Squeeze laptop (Intel WiFi) I can connect only if router broadcast SSID. So I was first turn on broadcast SSID, scan, enter password and then he connect, turn off broadcast SSID.

On same router Lenovo Sid with Broadcom WiFi and also KNetworkManager can't connect.

My friend HP laptop Squeeze and Broadcom WiFi can't connect.

Both Broadcom WiFi laptops can't remember password and constantly asking again and again.

Does anybody know which package would be responsible for that and how to track bug?

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic