Re: Monitoring AutoFS in SNMP

> > I am trying to find a MIB to monitor AutoFS but
> everything I find
> > is tied to the current pid AutoFS is running under
> which of
> > course changes each time it is restarted making it
> useless as a
> > monitoring metric.
>
> ???  Isn't that a *good* thing?
>
> I'd look at the "restart" section of the autofs startup
> script to see if there's a way to "regenerate" the MIB when
> you restart autofs.
>
> Maybe, though, that's too hackish.

I am sure it is a *good* thing security wise but it seems to be hampering usability at the moment.

I don't think you can rewrite a MIB on the fly.  I am no expert but I think they are written as products are developed then distributed as a support service.

I am curious though, it there a way to force a daemon to take a specific pid at startup?

Thanks,  Brian